January 7, 2015

Cute Couples :: Edition Two



Clear back in 2013 I wrote a post about some of my favorite fictional couples. Since then I have read many more books and discovered many more sweet romances. So I thought it was high time I updated my list! Fun, right? (Who doesn't love a cute romantic moment or three between some of your favorite characters?! ;)

Gen & Attolia :: The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner

40159I confess I wasn't entirely sure about these two at first. But The King of Attolia completely won me over! I read a post somewhere recently that talked about how much more we enjoy Gen and Attolia's romantic moments when we look at them through someone else's eyes. Usually that takes away from my enjoyment of a fictional relationship, but not this time. Somehow, through Costis' eyes, we get an even more intimate and true view of how much they love and care of one another than I think we would ever get were either of them telling the story. This couple's understanding of one another is amazing. They're just lovely. Trust me! You need to meet these two! :)



Gideon & Gwyneth :: The Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier

These two are just cute. There's no other word for them. For all their immaturity and tendency toward insta-love, I could not help but grin at every single sweet moment between them! They're adorable together.


13206760Wolf & Scarlet :: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Don't get me wrong, Cinder and Kai are wonderful. But these two? These two have my heart. And they better get a lot more page time in Winter, Ms. Meyer! I desperately need more Wolf and Scarlet happiness!



Kai & Elliot :: For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

I love these two about as much as I love their original counterparts, Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth from Jane Austen's Persuasion. Not quite, but close! Watching them reconnect is simply lovely and countless rereads of this book later, I still squeal inside when I read the last couple chapters. Ah, loveliness indeed! :)


12820360Philip & Marianne :: Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

I have one word for you: swoonworthy. That is Philip in a nutshell. A perfect gentleman who realizes Marianne's worth upon first meeting and subsequently manages to steal her heart and mine as well!



Vidanric & Meliara :: Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith

From start to finish, this couple goes through so many adventures and heartaches. But their story is completely perfect for them. For all the ups and downs they cause one another, it just makes their ending that much sweeter. I love these two!


Oliver & Hadley :: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

10798416I have read this book so very many times and never get tired of watching this couple find their way. It only took me the first chapter to decide I was going to like these two and I was right! I love it when that happens. ;)



Mr. Knightley & Sam :: Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay

These two are simply perfect for each other. Perfect! I love every second of their story. Neither ever expected to find someone who understood them and watching them stumble and circle around and finally find their happy ending is captivating!


Cole & Lexi :: The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

I dare you to read this book and not get swept away in the adventure and romance that awaits you! Cole and Lexi are wonderful. And the story that entwines around them is SO worth reading!


15839984Ignifex & Nyx :: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Creepy and romantic, that's what these two are. Both are scarred and hurting and never once believing that the other will be the means for their healing. Beautifully written, their story still makes me *happy sigh*. They just work perfectly together!





So! Any cute couples you'd recommend to me? :)



6 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Kara! YES to Wolf & Scarlet - they're my favorite couple of the series so far, and I'm desperately hoping for more page time with them in Book 4...!

    Also love Philip & Marianne, Oliver & Hadley, and Ignifex & Nyx. :) Great choices! And I can't wait to read more of the "Ruby Red" trilogy - I just got the Kindle version of Book 2 and the paperback of Book 3. :D I also have For Darkness Shows the Stars on my TBR.

    As for some other couples I adore...

    ~ Georgia & Weston in A Cliche Christmas by Nicole Deese
    ~ Dex & Piper in Recalled by Cambria Hebert
    ~ Kita & Pono in Songstone by Lena Goldfinch
    ~ Azalea & Lord Bradford in Entwined by Heather Dixon
    ~ Morrow Little & Red Shirt in Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz
    ~ Sam (Samantha) & Chris in One Among Men by Connie Almony

    This is just scratching the surface - I could go on and on... And some of these I really ought to re-read. ;)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Aren't Wolf and Scarlet awesome?! I am desperate for more page time for them. As much as I love the other couples (Marissa Meyer is fab at writing great couples!), these two simply make me happy at the mere mention of them... So glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! :)

      Ooooo! I'm happy to hear that you're reading Gwyneth's story! Do let me know what you think! (Unless you already posted about it and I'm just really late to the party? I AM way behind on my blog reading....) And yay for FDStS! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on that one either! :)

      Yes, yes, yes to Morrow and Red Shirt!!!! I love those two! Which reminds me, I really need to reread that one. Haven't read their story in too long.

      As for the others, I haven't read most of them. Although I do remember enjoying Kita Pono's story. But the others? I'll just add them to my TBR right now. *goes off to goodreads* Thanks for the list!

      Heehee. I know what you mean! I could have made this list SO very long. But I had to draw the line somewhere. That just means that I'll have to do another post sometime though. Which isn't a bad thing at all, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. Mr. Knightly and Sam... sigh. There are two practically perfect characters. I adore them so very much. Must read those Lunar Chronicles still. Once upon a time I claimed I would in 2014, perhaps 2015 will be the year. There are so many I adore, I couldn't even name them all. :)

    Lovely post, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, Rissi. Mr. Knightley and Sam were wonderful. They understood each other so beautifully.

      Well, I DO understand how TBR's can be! ;D But I'll still hope you get to read the series soon. I'd love to know your thoughts on all the goings on! Ah well. Until then, Amber and I will just gush amongst ourselves... ;)

      I already have more couples I could write a third or fourth post about. My list is quite lengthy as well! All these writers are just spoiling us with all these awesome characters, I tell you. But I'm not complaining! Oh no! The more the merrier, as they say. :)

      Delete
  3. Some really cute couples! I think I'm going to check out Dear Mr. Knightly because it sounds great.

    Great post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I hope you enjoy it, if you get the chance to read it. It's definitely on my list of favorites ever. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...