November 11, 2015

Bite-Sized Reviews :: Edition Fourteen

And hello again, my lovelies! I am finally getting my reviews caught up and since I am so very far behind, I figured mini reviews was the best way to go. But please don't take that to mean these stories are forgettable. Indeed, most of them I quite liked a great deal! Yet to attempt to write a regular review for each of them would inevitably end up with me never getting caught up. So! Mini reviews it is. Hope you enjoy! :)

Also, since I have such a great list to write about, I thought I'd separate them between YA and Christian Fiction (as those are the genres most fall under on my list). In other words, there will be more bite-sized reviews coming soon!

18018509
Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
This is a story that'll make you smile. If you want a quick and easy read guaranteed to be full of cute romance and fun friendships, I think you'll enjoy it. Just like any teen movie these days, from the meet cute to the dramatics of teenagers, overall it's a sweet story. Turn off your brain and have fun!


18480474
Not In the Script by Amy Finnegan
So much adorableness! For a bit of fluff that made me grin the whole way through, this one has a lot of heart as well. That's not to say Emma and Jake didn't frustrate me at times, but not so much that I couldn't enjoy their bantering back and forth. They were cute, which was all I was looking for. :)


19367070
Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
A bit of magic, romance (full of bickering, naturally :), and mystery all taking place in a historical time period (when? we'll never know). A few darker moments interspersed with cuteness between the leads. Ms. White hooked me in pretty quickly and I quite enjoyed the ride!


18879761
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Everything I've heard about Ms. Forman's skill with a pen is true. This book deals with extremely difficult issues, yet there are moments of lightness which make the story easier to handle. I was uncertain if I'd enjoy it, and while it's not on my top ten favorites list, it was exceptionally well written and I'm very pleased I read it.


17368138
Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge
If you enjoyed Cruel Beauty or Crimson Bound, I can promise you'll enjoy this little novella. And if you haven't read either of those yet and have been wondering whether you'd like them, this is an excellent story to get a feel for her wonderful writing. Loved it!


11721314
Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
As someone who would love to visit London someday, I liked getting the chance to vicariously travel the city. :) Julia and Jason were adorable, and watching the two circle around each other, clashing at every turn yet unable to deny their chemistry made for an entertaining few hours.


16067180
Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
I'm still not 100% convinced that these girls could have actually carried off such a switcheroo in real life, but it doesn't really matter. Their individual character arcs were fun to watch and their romantic escapades very sweet. By the last page I was grinning happily and what more could you want in a story? :)


12578294
Mind Games by Kiersten White
Very different from what I had anticipated, but quite intriguing nonetheless. There were times I wasn't sure whether I liked the characters and times where I really did. For sure, the best relationship of the story is Annie and Fia's. Regardless of anything, they understand one another inherently and each will always put their sister before themselves. I ended the book truly anxious to find out what happens next!


15745753
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Why I put off reading this I will never know. I should know by now that Ms. Rowell's books will always be exceptional. She excels at creating amazing characters. And these two nerdy kids are awesome! Watching them slowly stumble their way into being friends and then something more is so very delightful. Definitely one I'll be rereading in the future! :)




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked Not in the Script. I love it. The bantering is the best and Jake is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jenni! Jake is very awesome and their bantering?! SO fun. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...